[wpml_language_switcher type=”footer” flags=1 native=1 translated=1][/wpml_language_switcher]
del Olmo, Mariano
Mariano graduated with honors from the Universidad de Buenos Aires. He co-chairs the Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices, and he chairs the Real Estate Practice. He joined the Firm in 2005.
He received his LL.B. from the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires, with honors, in 2004. He had the highest GPA (9 – Nine) and was appointed flag bearer of his class in the graduation ceremony of October 2005.
Mariano specializes in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, Contractual Law and Corporate Conflicts.
He has been awarded by Chambers & Partners (Global and Latin America) as one of the leading Corporate/M&A lawyers in Argentina in 2018, 2019 and 2020. In addition, The Legal 500 has ranked him in the Corporate/M&A and Real Estate Practices and has mentioned him as “next generation lawyer” of the Corporate/Mergers & Acquistions practice in Argentina in the 2019 edition. Lastly, Mariano has been mentioned as leading attorney and “Highly Recommended” in the Corporate and M&A practices in Argentina according to the Leaders´ League international ranking for 2020.
- Deputy director of post-graduate studies “Refresher Program: Reorganizations, acquisitions and deals with shares” (1 year, 128 hours), School of Law, University of Buenos Aires (since 2019).
Lecturer of the subjects/modules: – “Purchase and sale of shares (SPAs) and assignment of membership interests”;
– “Shareholders’ Agreements” (together with Alfredo Rovira);
– “Joint ownership, usufruct, pledge, attachment, trusts on shares, and other deals” (together with Marcelo Pepe); and
– “Corporate reorganizations (conversions, mergers and spin-offs). Appraisal right. Transfer of going concerns” (together with Alfredo Rovira).
- Professor of “Commercial Contracts” (formerly “Modern Contracts”) at the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires, in the class in charge of Alfredo Rovira (2007 – present).
- Assistant Professor of “Elements of rights in rem” in the chair held by Jorge H. Alterini, in the class in charge of Marcelo A. Pepe, at the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (between 2002 and 2006).
He is a member of the Buenos Aires City Bar Association and of the International Bar Association.
Mariano has authored several articles on civil and commercial law matters, including, among others:
– “Oponibilidad de los pactos de bloqueo al tercero adquirente de paquetes accionarios”, published in Revista de Derecho Comercial y de las Obligaciones, issue # 298, September-October 2019, p. 1205 ff.
– “El pacto de bloqueo es oponible al tercero adquirente de paquetes accionarios que conoció o debió haber conocido la restricción”, published in XIV Congreso Argentino de Derecho Societario; X Congreso Iberoamericano de Derecho Societario y de la Empresa, Advocatus, on September 4, 2019.
– “Pactos parasociales y su oponibilidad a la sociedad y a terceros”, published in Revista de Derecho Comercial, La Ley Uruguay, Quinta Época, Year III, issue # 9, January-March 2018, p. 144 ff.
– “Límites a la titularidad de dominio de tierras rurales por extranjeros”, published on www.abogados.com.ar, on September 26, 2017.
– “Modificación a la reglamentación de la ley de tierras rurales”, published in Jurisprudencia Argentina, issue of June 28, 2017.
– “Aspectos societarios relacionados con la Ley de Tierras Rurales”, together with Guillermo Malm Green, published in La Ley, 2015-C, p. 1287 ff.
– “Emisión de obligaciones negociables con garantía hipotecaria”, published in Revista de Derecho Comercial y de las Obligaciones, issue # 235, March-April 2009, p. 381 ff.
– “Hipoteca sobre inmueble gravado con usufructo”, together with Marcelo A. Pepe, published in La Ley, 2007-F, p. 1167 ff.
– Lecturer in the XIV Argentine Congress of Corporate Law; X Ibero-American Congress of Corporate and Business Law, September 4, 2019.
- Keynote speaker on “Members’ agreements and their enforceability” in the VIII Argentine-Uruguayan Commercial Law Sessions, Montevideo, August 3 and 4, 2017.
– Sole speaker on “Surface rights and other relevant amendments to Rights In Rem in the New Argentine Civil and Commercial Code”, practical workshop organized by the Association of Notaries Public for the City of Buenos Aires (August 2015).
– Sole speaker on “News related to in rem and personal rights”, conference organized by the Legal and Tax Affairs Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Argentina (AmCham) and the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) (July 2015).
– Keynote speaker on “Administrative Precedents of the Argentine Exchange Commission” in the III Argentine-Uruguayan Commercial Law Sessions, organized by the School of Law of the Universidad de Buenos Aires (2012).